Happy New Year from the Small Dreams Foundation! On January 1st, 2011, Brittney wrote a blog post about her New Year’s Resolutions which she coined as her “ResoLIST” (see her post here). This year, we remember Brittney through a few “ResoLIST” ideas for a more sustainable and healthy 2013:
- Start Recycling – Come on folks, it’s 2013. Every town and city offers a recycling program.
- Get Around Greener – Drive less, walk more, bike more, use public transportation more, carpool more.
- Eat and Shop Local – Support local restaurants (especially those that feature local ingredients), coffee shops, farmers markets, and CSAs (find yours here).
- Dispose of Less – Invest in reusable alternatives for plastic water bottles, grocery bags, plastic utensils, paper coffee cups, paper towels, etc.
- Meatless Mondays – Consuming fewer animal products significantly decreases your carbon footprint.
- Earth 911 “6 Green Resolutions You Can Actually Keep” http://earth911.com/news/2010/
- Mother Nature Network “10 Easy, Green New Year’s Resolutions for the ‘Eco-Slacker’” http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/
responsible-living/stories/10- easy-green-new-years- resolutions-for-the-eco- slacker